The goal of the CE ministry of the Southwest Florida Presbytery is to assist each local church in the making of disciples and equipping the saints for ministry. Specifically, this is accomplished through connecting the churches in our presbytery in areas such as:
- Prayer: We have a season of prayer twice a year during our stated meetings.
- Ministry Area Discussion Groups: Each September we seek to connect people in various areas of ministry such as women’s ministry, youth ministry and diaconal ministry in a room together to talk, encourage one another and learn from one another.
- Camps: In partnership with other local presbyteries, we are a part of Southland Student Conferences. Each year Southland offers a few different camps, most notably Kulaqua and Elevate.
- Kulaqua: Camp Kulaqua is Southland’s Middle School summer camp. Every year hundreds of Middle School students from all across Florida converge for a week of great teaching, fun fellowship and excellent worship! Kulaqua is an impressive camps with tons of amazing things to do such as a wave pool, water slide, lazy river, The BLOB, go carts and much more.
- Elevate: Camp Elevate is Southland’s High School summer camp. It occurs at Covenant College and is a week of great teaching, fun fellowship and excellent worship.
- Presbytery-wide CE Events: When a church in our presbytery leads or hosts a training, seminary, conference or other CE related event, we encourage extending an invitation to other churches in our presbytery to participate. Pass along the info to our Stated Clerk and he will distribute it to the other churches in the presbytery via email.
Each quarter, in preparation for the upcoming presbytery meeting, the CE committee prepares a report. Those reports can be found here: CE Report Archives.