Dear Fathers and Brothers:
The Eighty-Eighth Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Southwest Florida will take place on Saturday, September 8, 2012 at Faith Presbyterian Church in Sarasota, FL (1201 N. Beneva Road, Sarasota, FL 34232; 941-955-7074).
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m., and the meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. with a Worship Service. TE Tim Rice, Senior Pastor of Trinity Presbyterian Church in Lakeland, FL, will preach God’s Word to us.
Following the Worship Service, we will have an Intra-Presbytery Dialogue Forum on the topic of “Assessment.” TE Tim Rice and TE Steve Casselli will be the presenters for this forum. The format of the forum will be as follows: each presenter will have 20 minutes to present his view of Assessment, and that will be followed with 20 minutes for questions.
Lunch will be at noon provided by Faith Presbyterian Church at the church. The purpose of eating lunch together on site at the church is to promote fellowship among fellow presbyters. A donation of $5 for lunch would be appreciated.
The docket for the meeting is attached, along with various attachments (see below). Copies of all materials have been sent to churches, Teaching Elders, Ruling Elders, and others for whom the Stated Clerk has email addresses. Please bring your own copy of the docket and all attachments to the Presbytery Meeting, as the Stated Clerk will not provide them at the meeting.
Note that one attachment is a Presbytery Directory. The Stated Clerk has learned of a database in Atlanta. This is the database that will be used in future for our Presbytery. However, it is likely very out of date. Please check to see if the information is accurate, especially for Ruling Elders.
Finally, please pray that the Lord will bless the work of the Presbytery as we meet in September.
Grace and peace,
Stated Clerk, Presbytery of Southwest Florida
Documents for the 88th Stated Meeting of the SWF Presbytery:
- Draft Minutes of the 87th Stated Meeting of the SWF Presbytery
- Administrative Committee Report
- Shepherding Committee Report
- PCA Call Package Guidelines as developed by PCARBI
- Candidates Committee Report
- Examination Committee Report
- Supplementary Documents from the Examination Committee
- PIF for Zane Hart
- Theological Convictions responses from Zane Hart
- Terms of Call (Redacted) for Zane Hart
- Financial Reports
- Changes to RAO approved by 40th General Assembly
- BCO Amendments Sent Down to Presbyteries by 40th General Assembly